Saturday, November 29, 2008

I Wrote a Novel in 28 Days!

Yep, I did it! On November 23rd I had only 33,678 words and then I didn't get back to writing until Nov. 27th - Thanksgiving Day, only being Vegetarians we didn't have a big dead carcass on our table, but I did make some Match non-chicken cutlets, with my own special vegetarian stuffing and rolls and I made a chocolate swirl cheesecake with Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese (non-dairy) which I thought was scrumptious and the twins liked it okay. My husband had to work, but he got off early and then took the girls to his aunt's house for a few hours while I hammered out some scenes. I wrote over 6,000 words by the end of the day and then on the 28th I wrote over 13,000 words!!!

It is a very, very, very rough draft with almost no character development, but I'm going to try to edit it and flesh it out enough so that I can take advantage of Create Space's free proof copy - it would be awesome to see a book I wrote in actual book form!

As far as that non-cheese cheese cake, I'll write up a recipe and post it here at some point. It still has chocolate, so it's not vegan, but it's much healthier than a real cheese cake.

No comments: