Sunday, December 28, 2008

Non-Meat Loaf - Belly Bomber Style

Growing up, my mom made a wonderfully delicious meat loaf that tasted like White Castle hamburgers. That was one of the meals I missed when I became vegetarian, so I came up with a non-meat loaf that's just as good without all the unhealthy red meat.

Non-Meat Loaf - Belly Bomber Style

1 pkg. Quorn Crumbles, slightly thawed
1 can of cream of onion soup - low sodium
1 Tbs. organic soy sauce
1/4 white onion, finely chopped or 1/4 Cup frozen, chopped onions
Dash of Pepper to taste
Fresh bread, broken into pieces (I remove the crusts), about 6 slices

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix all ingredients, except bread, together in bowl - using your hands may be the best method. Fold bread pieces in last, just enough to be well mixed.

Shape into a loaf and put into a lightly greased (I use non-stick cooking spray) glass pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 40 minutes, give or take a few.

I like this served with mashed potatoes and a green veggie.


Laura Knight copyright 2006

No comments: