Tuesday, March 10, 2009

1000 True Fans

I read an interesting article over on the Simple Dollar today. To oversimplify, the idea is that to be successful all you need is 1000 True Fans - 1000 people who will read your blog, buy your books/art/music, and spread the word about your greatness. Here's the full article.

1000 True Fans

The author says he started his blog simply because he wanted to write down his thoughts/insights/experiences of dealing with personal finance and hoped maybe a few people would like what he had to say. He has far exceeded his goal.

My quandary is, with so many blogs and websites on the World Wide Web, how does one, such as myself, ever hope of having more than a dozen (if I even have that many) readers? The obvious answer is to write wonderful posts that entertain, inform, or enlighten readers. I guess once I can keep my blogs updated at least once a week, then I can start figuring out how to market them to those billions of people on the Web.

Well, I'm off to my first Yoga/Pilates class - I will lose all this weight this year!!! (I'm much too embarrassed to mention how much I weigh - maybe once I've lost all the weight I will post the numbers.)

No comments: